As balance of the activity of the OMIC during 2012, include the following data:
General inquiries about consumer-348 users (consumers and businesses), served directly from the OMIC or through telephone consultations.
-Complaints handled and processed, have been a total of 316 complaints, of which achieved a 77% solution to the satisfaction of the consumer, which is that of four claims processed have solved at least three.
Of the total complaints handled and processed is interesting to detail areas or sectors of economic activity, with details of the percentage of total posed.
Thus, in 2012 we have the following results:
- 87% of the complaints dealt with have dealt with the purchase of services, with a total of 275 complaints.
- 13% of claims were processed on purchases of products and goods (mainly purchases of appliances and household equipment) and also on food purchases.
Of all the complaints about the purchase of services, we distinguish the following detail:
- 55% on telephony (fixed, mobile and Internet) with a total of 174 complaints
- 5% on other supplies (electricity, water, gas and gasoline) with a total of 16 claims
- The 2.2% on repair services, with a total of 7 complaints
- 9.1% have been complaints about financial services with a total of 29 complaints
- The 4.1% insurance claims have been a total of 13 complaints
- 25% have been complaints about education with a total of 8 complaints
- The rest are rental services, other services, healthcare, freight, air transport and tourism and leisure
Also from the OMIC has been made in 2012 consumer information activities: information campaigns, through weekly radio programs on the radio station of Torre-Pacheco Municipal, addressing the following issues: rebates, orange pages consumer information campaign OMIC and consumer rights, information campaign summer, tips for back to school, special information campaign for Christmas and the campaign to companies and businesses for adherence to consumer arbitration system .
The Office of Consumer Information (OMIC) Hall of Torre-Pacheco provides an ongoing service throughout the year, attending in person or by telephone users, neighbors and businesses by offering the following services:
- The information service, support and customer orientation, which are dealt with and resolved concerns about consumer rights, as well as companies and businesses in relation to their obligations consumption, mainly on the complaint forms .
- Mediation and handling of consumer complaints and the procedures for dealing with requests for Consumer Arbitration procedures.
On this last point, it is noteworthy that procedures are also performed consumer arbitration hearings by videoconference, avoiding travel outside town to consumers and businesses.
This service arbitration hearings through video conference began in 2009, in these more than three years of operation it has conducted more than 150 hearings Consumer Arbitration.
The OMIC began providing its services to the public in 2000 and today has become an essential service for dealing with complaints, inquiries and complaints from consumers, also serving as a channel to educate and inform about the rights and obligations consumption.
Finally, note that the work is done from the OMIC has a high social impact, as it provides a way to solve the very different and varied problems facing citizens in their consumer side.
The OMIC has become a benchmark for consumer disputes in which citizens trust and place their hopes for solving problems they could not solve.
Source: Ayuntamiento de Torre Pacheco