Roldan was inaugurated yesterday in a garden in honor of Martin Martinez Perez, in honor and recognition of his long career, his special attention to the neighbors and families of Roland, and their active participation and involvement with social progress and cultural development of this hamlet .
Martin Martinez Perez was born on January 30, 1925, in the hamlet of Gaia and Truyols Murcia.
He studied for free and comes to opposition in the Faculty of Granada, earning the title of nurse practitioner or in 1948.
It is in their home where he began his professional career.
A October 16, 1952, comes bound for Torre-Pacheco, in the hamlet of Roland, the "practitioner" D.
Martin, accompanied by his wife and two children from his hometown, and established as a result of their new place of employment in the neighborhood of the reaped of Roland, where years after his two daughters would be born and the family would join her progenitors.
Would this new family settled in our parish pachequera for the hard process of losing one of their children and overcome life as it is of undeniable resignation, with the affection of his neighbors, and the enrichment of doing good to others by profession of D.
Then begins to practice in the town privately, going to the home address or where required, traveling first by bicycle, and later refined and in those years of hardships better shift through the acquisition of his bike Gucci.
The "practitioner" never had a time of day or night, and instead fully available in any season, in working hours or on holidays, with clearing or stormy days, he was found suffering from health or charged or not for their services, to meet a need or an emergency, were very adverse conditions, and regardless of remuneration or not their services, particularly in health and health care work unconditionally, but also in their treatment and right education and affable with all patients treated, patients and neighbors, and even acting as an advisor, confidant and spiritual adviser to families and individuals.
In the mid 60's, Roland begins his social and economic deployment, with D.
Martin a person involved and active in various initiatives and opportunities for advancement and growth of the town of Roland.
Martin worked as a professional practitioner at home, then known officially as Technical Household Welfare (APDE) practicing in the Emergency Hospital in Murcia until 1975, after which it is intended by the Social Security district of Torre-Pacheco , ampliándole later his activity in the three clinics village Torre-Pacheco, and the villages of Roldan and Balsicas, retiring in 1988.
Among his various positions and examples of interested and committed involvement as a neighbor of Roland and the citizens of his town, D.
Martin participated in the promotion to get the building in 1961, with a group of neighbors and the priest in front of the "San Jose Housing Cooperative of Roland", which is elected President, making it possible for some families to purchase new home ownership on terms and some facilities accessible to their stark possibilities, and gesture of humanity and service will always be grateful.
Other activities and representative offices that demonstrate their attitude involved and participatory, its various hobbies and dedications and even active life even after retirement, are:
- In 1969 he was appointed Chairman of the Football Club Deportivo de Roland, which he held until the season of 1974-75, when the Club was 1 st Regional.
- In 1971 serves as Councillor for Corporate-third representation in the municipality of Torre Pacheco, played until the first democratic elections in 1979.
- In 1979, he was elected President of the Association of Residents of Roland.
- Between 70 and 80, on several occasions as part of the policy of the festivity of Roland.
- Between 80 and 90 form part of the Parish Cemetery Board of Roland.
- In 1996 he was appointed Chairman of the Board of Governors of the Pensioner's Home until his resignation in 2002.
- For several decades involved with the "Gang" or Rondalla of Roland.
- On the occasion of his retirement and having free time and proactive, committed, involved in the various tasks and activities developed by the Center for Senior Day Roldan, theater, contests, painting, computers, etc.
- He has also participated in the Parish of Roland, at various religious events and programmed into the festivity in honor of San Jose.
- Between 1998 and 2001, participating in various fields of work and related activities of the Field Museum (Ethnological Museum), showing his skills with the esparto and attesting to their culinary skills.
- In the beginning of the first decade of the century, with the largest part of Roland, in the Senior Center and in the CEIP Hernández-Ardieta occasion of the Intercultural Week.
- Not to mention his love of poetry led him to participate in contests or local authorities, getting some recognition for his work and shares.
Source: Ayuntamiento de Torre Pacheco