Today, Wednesday, February 5, in the José Armero Tovar de Roldán pavilion, at 10 in the morning more than 150 schoolchildren, between 8 and 9 years old, gathered from the educational centers of the municipality of Torre Pacheco, to dispute the local day of "Playing Athletics", a test that is within the annual calendar of the program of physical activity and sport at school age.
For this occasion the Department of Sports of the City of Torre Pacheco had the sports advice of 10 technicians of the Athletics Federation of the Region of Murcia.
A sports day that was attended by the Councilor for Education, Francisco Sáez Gómez.
The winners of the day in the women's category, was the Ntra. Mrs. Del Rosario school and in the male category the Hernández Ardieta de Roldán school, being those who will represent the municipality on March 5 at the Palacio de los Deportes de Cartagena.
The test consists of 5 tests plus a relay, the participants of the centers will have to perform two tests each, the distribution being as follows, a test of the five chosen by the center and another test that will be assigned by lottery, giving So faith, that all athletes have practiced each and every one of the tests.
The tests are:
1. CARRERA 10 x 10 METERS Timed race over a distance of 10 meters that must be traveled 10 times, 5 comings and 5 laps, covering a total distance of 100 meters.
2. LAUNCH OF JABALINA BLANDA:
Launching of a soft javelin, from stopped, without previous race.
If it is exceeded after launching the line from which it is launched, it will not be considered void.
The javelin cannot be thrown by grabbing it from the tail area.
3. TWO JUMPS FOLLOWED ON FOOT TOGETHER FROM STOPPED: The participant placed behind the starting line and with the parallel feet performs two jumps in a row at feet together without interruption.
4. LAUNCH OF MEDICINAL BALL FORWARDS ABOVE THE HEAD FROM KNEES: The participant stands on his knees on a mat (or on another soft surface) throws a 2 kg medicine ball forward above the head.
After the launch, it will not be considered void if the participant drops forward on the mat, provided he does not lift the knees off the ground.
5. LATERAL JUMP OF A LOW OBSTACLE: When the start signal is given, the participant makes continuous jumps to feet together on one side and another of a rubber-foam or cardboard obstacle (approximately 20 cm high) made in 20 seconds, must necessarily pass both feet over the obstacle in all jumps.
The number of jumps made is noted.
Source: Ayuntamiento de Torre Pacheco